From Zero to HeroMartina Pocchiari
( 1/4 Marathon 2022 )
A journey through self-improvement, self-discovery, better health, and raising funds :)
Milestones of the journey so far:
- First run: January 1st 2020 -- 1K in 07:51
- First 5K: February 14th 2020 -- 5K in 36:48
March 2020: oh no! Society collapsed. My training stopped for almost 4 months
- First run (again): August 1st 2020, 8 months after my first run ever -- 3K in 22:06
- March 2021: started training with guided runs. While previously I had to stop and rest mid-run (every 15 minutes or so), I could finally run without breaks for entire training sessions! I discovered I was training all wrong: I used too much speed in the first mile and did not manage my energy reserves properly -- of course, I was tapped out after 10 minutes.
All the following training runs are without any mid-run break, and a proper warm-up period (the first 2K at 4/10 effort).
- First 7K: June 5th 2021 -- 7K in 1:00:42
- First 8K: June 12th 2021 -- 8K in 1:09:53
First 10K! June 19th 2021 -- 10K in 1:25:47
This one felt amazing, but I only have 1:20:00 to complete 10.2K on race day.
Time to work on speed.
- First speed training: June 27th 2021
- First speed + endurance training: September 19th 2021
- Last 10K before race day: October 16th 2021
11K in 1:20:40
Speed training worked! :)
Now time for the race!
Promote this page with a cool poster. You can determine the text yourself and then print the poster and put it up anywhere. Anyone can make a poster of this page, including friends, family, colleagues, people from your sports team or classmates. Put the poster up in a supermarket, behind the window at shops, at companies or at school. Putting up a poster is often no problem if you ask nicely and explain what it is for.